|COL SCOTT E. REED|
Col. Scott E. Reed is Vice Commander of the 180th Fighter Wing, Toledo Express Airport, Ohio. The 180th Fighter Wing is comprised of the Operations Group (F-16 Block 42), Maintenance Group, Mission Support Group, and Medical Group. As Vice Commander for an Aerospace Expeditionary Force tasked wing he assists the Wing Commander to ensure the wing provides for America; to include protection of the homeland, effective combat power and defense support to civil authorities, while developing Airmen, supporting their families and serving in our communities
Col. Reed was commissioned in January 1984 through the Reserve Officer Training Corps program at the University of Notre Dame. He is a command pilot with over 4,100 hours in the T-37, F-4, and F-16 aircraft including combat experience spanning operations from Desert Storm to Iraqi Freedom. His previous leadership assignments were as Maintenance Group Commander, Deputy Operations Group Commander, and
112th Fighter Squadron Commander.
1984 Bachelor of Science degree in Aerospace Engineering, University of Notre Dame, Indiana.
1989 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Alabama.
1993 Fighter Weapons Instructor Course, Holloman Air Force Base, New Mexico.
2009 Air War College by correspondence
1. January 1984 - December 1984, Space Defense Officer, Headquarters Space Command, Peterson Air Force Base, Colorado.
2. December 1984 - January 1986, student, undergraduate pilot training, Reese Air Force Base, Texas
3. January 1986 - August 1989, T-37 Chief of Check Section, 455th Fighter Tactical Squadron, Mather Air Force Base, California.
4. August 1989 -May 1992, F-4G Wild Weasel Flight Lead, 561st Fighter Squadron, George Air Force Base, California.
5. May 1992 - February 1996, F-4 Weapons School Instructor Pilot, Flight commander and Chief of Weapons and Tactics, 20th FS, Holloman Air Force Base, New Mexico
6. February 1996 - February 1997, Senior Operations Duty Officer, 607 COS, Osan Air Base, Republic of Korea
7. February 1997 - June 2000, F-16CG Instructor Pilot and Flight Examiner, Assistant Operations Officer, 4th Fighter Squadron, Hill Air Force Base, Utah
8. July 2000 - May 2011, Weapons Officer, Assistant Operations Officer, Operations Officer, Commander 112th Fighter Squadron, and Deputy Operations Group Commander, Toledo Express Airport, Ohio
9. May 2011 - December 2015, 180th Maintenance Group Commander, Toledo Express Airport, Ohio
10. December 2015 - Present, 180th Fighter Wing Vice Commander, Toledo Express Air Port, Ohio
Rating: Command Pilot
Flight Hours: 4143
Aircraft Flown: T-37, F-4, F-16
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS:
Meritorious Service Medal
Aerial Achievement Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal
Joint Service Achievement Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
Meritorious Unit Award
AF Outstanding Unit Award with Valor
Combat Readiness Medal
National Defense Service Medal
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
Southwest Asia Service Medal
Iraq Campaign Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Korean Defense Service Medal
Ohio Commendation Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION:
Second Lieutenant - Dec. 29, 1983
First Lieutenant - Dec. 29, 1985
Captain - Dec. 29, 1987
Major - Dec. 1, 1995
Lieutenant Colonel - Dec. 1, 2002
Colonel - Dec. 17, 2011
(Current as of December 2015)