Employment Offers For Veterans
By MSgt Beth Holliker, 180th Public Affairs
/ Published November 18, 2009
November 2009 -- The Perrysburg Walgreens Distribution Center is now recruiting current and
prior military members for the following positions:
Special interest in veterans with disabilities.
The computer operator position needs some strong technical experience and
the availability to work an off shift. The pay starts at $15.53/hr and
progresses to $19.78/hr within two years.
Responsible for monitoring and troubleshooting. Must have strong
interpersonal, decision making, problem solving and analytical skills. Must
be available to work a flexible schedule, including 2nd and 3rd shift.
Overtime likely to cover call-offs.
- AS400 (strongly desired)
- Monitoring computer systems that are integrated with automated order
- Maintenance and troubleshooting with personal computers
- Software for Windows 2000 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Filemaker
- Problem solving with integrated computer systems
- Operating/Monitoring network and supporting communications equipment and
preparing backup PC servers and tape libraries
COMPUTER TESTING REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION
Asset Protection Officer
Some security experience recommended for the asset protection position, but
it is not a requirement. Stable work history and customer service skills
are imperative. Pay starts at $12.20/hr and progresses to $16.50/hr within
- Experience in Asset Protection/Criminal Justice and/or customer
service is preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Computer experience with Microsoft Office software
Responsible for maintaining the physical security and integrity of our
Distribution Center facility. Varied duties include completing incidents
reports, coordinating alarm response, performing security patrol,
controlling facility and truck shipment access, monitoring CCTV systems and
other Loss Prevention duties as assigned.
Candidate must be flexible as department operates 24 hours per day, 365 days
per year; must be available to work days, nights, weekends and holidays.
Anyone interested can find more information at Walgreens.com or can forward
resumes and contact information to:
Human Resource Generalist
Perrysburg Distribution Center