Fact Sheet Search

Fact Sheet Alphabetical List

Frequently Asked Questions



How do I enlist?

Contact our recruiters at 1-800-495-4250 or via email for information or to schedule an appointment.

You can visit our Careers page for more information on enlistment, earning a commission and other requirements.

Are there fulltime career opportunities at the 180th?

The Ohio National Guard has two emloyment programs for military job seekers. Visit the Ohio National Guard's Employment page for details.

How can I contact military personnel?

The Air Force World Wide Locator offered by the Air Force Personnel Center (AFPC) handles official and unofficial requests to locate Air Force Personnel. Official requests are defined as requests received from any government agency and the Department of Defense (DoD). All other requests are considered unofficial in nature.

The Air Force World Wide Locator only has location information on individuals who are currently receiving compensation from the U.S. Air Force (Active Duty, Guard, Reserve, Retired and Civil Service Personnel). If the individual has separated from the Air Force, no information is available. To obtain or find out more information about the service, you can contact AFPC at:

550 C Street West Suite 50
Randolph AFB TX 78150-4752

Commercial: (210) 565-2660
Military to Military: DSN 665-2660

Customer Service Hours:
Monday - Friday (except Federal Holidays)
7:30 AM - 4:30 PM (Central Standard Time)

E-mail: afpc.pa.dlist@randolph.af.mil

If you need to contact a military member for emergency purposes, call your local Red Cross chapter -- go to the Red Cross Web site and enter your zip code on the home page.

How can I get a new ID card?

Please contact our Force Support Squadron at 419-868-4225 for more information on military and dependent ID cards. Click here for I.D. support hours.

To obtain a spousal ID card, the information must be presented to the ID official by the sponsor, unless the spouse has a valid Power of Attorney. Documents needed are Original Marriage License, Original Birth Certificate, Social Security Card.

To add children, Original Birth Certificate or Certificate of Live Birth from hospital and Social Security Card. On newborns, if a SSAN has not been issued, we can provide a Temporary ID number until the SSAN can be provided to us within 90 days. If the sponsor has provided this information to a DEERS/RAPIDS ID site, the spouse can obtain an ID card with the DD Form 1172 provided by the sponsor.

How can I obtain copies of my military records?

Individual military departments, including the Air Force, do not maintain files or records pertaining to individuals no longer on active duty. When an individual is separated from military service (because of retirement, discharge from active duty or death), his/her Field Personnel File (containing all military and health records) is forwarded for storage to the National Personnel Records Center (military). The Records Center is under the jurisdiction of the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) of the U.S. Government.

An individual's complete service record is available to the former service member or, if deceased, to his/her next of kin (parents, spouse or children). Limited information (such as dates of service, awards, and training) is available to anyone. Not available to the general public is information which would invade an individual's privacy; for example, medical records, Social Security number or present address.

If requesting the records of a relative, a requester should mention the relationship to the former member (brother, uncle, or other). There is no charge for this service to former service members or their next of kin. For others, a nominal fee is charged for research and reproduction costs. Files at the Records Center are maintained as historical records only and are not updated to reflect current data on the former service member. The address for the National Personnel Records Center is:

National Personnel Records Center
9700 Page Blvd
St. Louis MO 63132
Phone: 314-801-0800 or 1-866-272-6272 (1-86-NARA-NARA)
For individuals compiling family histories, NARA provides assistance to those interested in genealogy. NARA normally charges a nominal fee for research and reproduction costs. Their address is:

National Archives and Records Administration (NARA)
8th Street and Pennsylvania Avenue
Washington, DC 20408

How can I support the troops?

There are a number of ways in which you can support the troops: e-mail greetings, donations to serve relief agencies, volunteering in your local community.

To support 180th Fighter Wing members, contact our Airman and Family Readiness office at 419-868-4550.

A list of organizations with military support programs is available on the Defend America web site.

How do I request an Air Force flyover for my event?

All requests for Air Force aviation assets/support flyovers, aerial reviews, aerial demonstrations, Thunderbirds, should be submitted on the Air Force aerial events web site. The site includes guidance on how to submit a request, how to contact an Air Force unit, and appropriate forms.

Events are normally supported on a voluntary basis of already scheduled training missions and must not impact combat capabilities.

How do I request military participation and support for my event?

The Ohio National Guard is a proud member of communities throughout Ohio in which our Soldiers and Airmen serve. Through an active community relations program, the Ohio National Guard demonstrates it is a good neighbor and community partner by providing support in four basic areas: Non-Aviation, Military Aerial, Air Force Fly Overs, and Speaker Requests. Visit the Ohio National Guard's Community Support page for more information on requesting support.

What are my benefits as an Air National Guardsman?

For information on the benefits of being an Air National Guardsman, visit the Air Reserve Personnel Center Web site.

Where can I submit a Freedom of Information Request to the 180th Fighter Wing?

The Air National Guard has centralized its FOIA Program. We encourage requestors to make FOIA requests electronically through the AF FOIA Website.



  • Public Affairs
  • 419-868-4072
  • ID Cards
  • 419-868-4225
  • Personnel Records
  • 419-868-4225
  • Recruiting Office
  • 419-868-4269
  • Base Exchange
  • 419-865-3581
  • Tours
  • 180.FW.PA@us.af.mil
  • Noise Complaint
  • 180.FW.PA@us.af.mil