Chief Master Sgt. Daniel S. Baumert is the ninth Command Chief Master Sgt., Senior Enlisted Advisor assigned to the 180th Fighter Wing, located at Eugene F. Kranz Toledo Express Airport, Swanton, Ohio. Chief Master Sgt. Baumert is the senior enlisted leader at the 180th Fighter Wing, responsible for advising the Commander on all matters impacting the morale, health and welfare of the enlisted force. He is also the commander's principal advisor on all matters concerning quality of life issues and concerns of the enlisted corps. As Command Chief for an Aerospace Expeditionary Force tasked wing, he helps ensure the wing provides for America to include protection of the homeland, effective combat power and defense to civil authorities, while developing Airmen, supporting their families and serving in our communities.
Chief Baumert entered the U.S. Air Force in March1986 and, after Basic Military Training, went on to graduate with honors in August 1986 from Chanute Air Force Base, Illinois, as an AGE Technician. He served nearly eight years in AGE Maintenance, Quality Assurance and Ground Communications during assignments to Luke AFB, Arizona and Osan Air Base, Korea. Chief Baumert left active duty in 1993 and enlisted into the Ohio Air National Guard’s 180th Fighter Wing, Swanton, Ohio. He served as an AGE Technician and QA Inspector until he became the Accessories Section Supervisor in January 2005. In this position, Chief Baumert cross-trained into Aircraft Egress Systems in September 2005 and provided direct leadership, guidance and mentorship to the accessories personnel until his promotion to the Component Maintenance Superintendent in the Maintenance Squadron, in January 2011. In June 2014, Chief Baumert was selected as the Aircraft Maintenance Superintendent, providing leadership and guidance to more than 200 personnel in a squadron responsible for more than 20 F-16C/D Block 42 aircraft. Chief Baumert has supported numerous Operations throughout his career, to include NORTHERN WATCH, JOINT FORGE, IRAQI FREEDOM, NOBLE EAGLE, ENDURING FREEDOM, and FREEDOM’S SENTINEL. Prior to assuming his current position, Chief Baumert served as the Equipment Maintenance Senior Enlisted Leader, overseeing the other half of the Maintenance Squadron.
1986 Basic Military Training, Lackland, Air Force Base, Texas
1986 Aerospace Ground Equipment Technical School, Chanute AFB, Ill.
1989 Noncommissioned Officer PME, In-Residence, Luke AFB, Ariz.
1993 Aerospace Ground Equipment 7-Level Course, Chanute AFB, Ill.
1998 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Air University, Maxwell, AFB, Ala., by correspondence
1999 Associate in Applied Science, Aerospace Ground Equipment Technology, Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2003 Bachelor Degree in Computer Science and Engineering, The University of Toledo, Toledo, Ohio
2004 Senior Noncommissioned Academy, Air University, Maxwell, AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2005 Aircrew Egress Systems, Sheppard AFB, Texas
2008 Associate in Applied Science, Aviation Maintenance Technology, Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2014 General Contemporary Base Issues, Arlington, Va.
2014 Chief Executive Course, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
1. March 1986 – April 1986 Trainee, Basic Military Training School, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas
2. April 1986 – September 1986 Trainee, Aerospace Ground Equipment Trainee, Chanute AFB, Ill.
3. September 1986 – February 1993, Aerospace Ground Equipment Mechanic, 58th Equipment Maintenance Squadron, Luke AFB, Ariz.
4. February 1993 – December 1993, Power Production Mechanic, 620th Air Control Flight, Osan Air Base, Korea
5. December 1993 – January 2005, Aerospace Ground Equipment Technician, 180th Fighter Wing, Swanton, Ohio
6. December 2000 – February 2005, Quality Assurance Inspector, 180th Fighter Wing, Swanton, Ohio (August 2004 – September 2004, Aerospace Ground Equipment Supervisor, Ramstein AB)
7. February 2005 – January 2011, Accessories Section Supervisor, 180th Fighter Wing, Swanton, Ohio (May 2007 – July 2007, Deployed Tool Crib Supervisor, Balad AB, Iraq) (October 2008 – December 2008, Deployed Tool Crib Supervisor, Balad AB, Iraq)
8. January 2011 – June 2014, Component Maintenance Superintendent, 180th Fighter Wing, Swanton, Ohio (April 2013 – July 2013, Aircraft Maintenance Superintendent, Camp Lemonnier, Djibouti, Africa & Azraq AB, Jordan)
9. July 2014 – January 2020, Aircraft Maintenance Superintendent, 180th Fighter Wing, Swanton, Ohio
10. January 2020 – Present, Equipment Maintenance Senior Enlisted Leader, 180th Fighter Wing, Swanton, Ohio (October 2020 – January 2021, Aircraft Maintenance Superintendent, Bagram AB, Afghanistan)
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal with three oak leaf clusters and “C” device
Air Force Achievement Medal
Meritorious Unit Award with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with eight oak leaf clusters
Air Force Good Conduct Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Reserve Forces Meritorious Service Medal with eight oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal with bronze service star
Afghanistan Campaign Medal with bronze service star
Iraq Campaign Medal with bronze service star
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
STATE AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Ohio Faithful Service Ribbon with four oak leaf clusters
Ohio Award of Merit with four oak leaf clusters
1986 Honor Graduate, Aerospace Ground Equipment Mechanic, Chanute Air Force Base, Ill.
1989 Airman of the Quarter, 58th Equipment Maintenance Squadron, Luke AFB, Ariz.
1990 NCO of the Quarter, 58th Equipment Maintenance Squadron, Luke AFB, Ariz.
1990 Technician of the Quarter, 58th Equipment Maintenance Squadron, Luke AFB, Ariz.
2003 Cum Laude, Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and Engineering, The University of Toledo, Toledo Ohio
2013 Superior Performer, AEF 2013, 180 Fighter Wing, Swanton, Ohio
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Airman Basic March 4, 1986
Airman Sept. 4, 1986
Airman First Class July, 4 1987
Senior Airman March 4, 1989
Sergeant March 1, 1990
Staff Sergeant Jan. 1, 1991
Technical Sergeant May 1, 2001
Master Sergeant May 1, 2003
Senior Master Sergeant Aug. 1, 2005
Chief Master Sergeant Aug. 1, 2011
(Current as of October 2021)