180th Fighter Wing, Ohio Air National Guard   Right Corner Banner
Join the Air National Guard

News > DD 214 Increased Social Security Benefits For Vets
DD 214 Increased Social Security Benefits For Vets

Posted 12/5/2011   Updated 12/5/2011 Email story   Print story


by Courtesy

12/5/2011 - Dec. 5, 2011 -- Extra Social Security benefits available for those with active duty time
between January 1957 and December 31, 2001.

Military members with active duty service time between January 1957 and
December 31, 2001. Up to 1,200 dollars per year of earnings may be credited
at the time of application and could make a substantial difference in the
social security monthly payments upon your retirement.

To qualify, you must bring your DD-214 your local Social Security office.
This is not an automatic benefit and must be requested.

Remember, it's never too early to plan for your retirement.

For more information, visit your local Social Security office or the Social
Security website: http://www.ssa.gov/retire2/military.htm

7/1/2012 12:42:37 PM ET
In order to obtain a copy of a DD Form 214 that was previously issued theveteran would need to contact Air Reserve Personnel Center in Denver CO.The toll free number is 1-800-525-0102 and listen carefully to the menuoptions for the appropriate category they fall into i.e. retired ANGAFRES or USAF.This is the national Call Center that will direct you to the appropriateinternal agent to help.
180th FW Public Affairs, 180th Fighter Wing
6/25/2012 4:16:14 PM ET
What would I have to do to get a copy of my DD214 I can not put my hands on the original. My years of service were 1957-1959. I currently have medical benefits through the VA. I appreciate your response thank you.
Victor F. Laboy, Hinesville GA
Add a comment

 Inside 180th FW

ima cornerSearch

Site Map      Contact Us     Questions     USA.gov     Security and Privacy notice     E-publishing  
Suicide Prevention    SAPR   IG   EEO   Accessibility/Section 508   No FEAR Act